Now that summer is here and people are spending more time with each other, it is the perfect moment for a summer get together. If you are feeling celebratory, then cooking paella for a party is the perfect celebratory meal. Not only is it easy to cook, but it is so delicious, everyone can enjoy it. This Machika summer paella recipe is essential for your party! This recipe takes a while to cook but is very decadent and full of flavor.
This recipe delicious chicken thighs and tantalizing chorizo! Make sure that if you are going to serve this to a party that you take the time to prepare ahead of time. Paella is fine covered in aluminum foil for hours on very-low heat. So, you can prepare this dish an hour or two in advance so you can relax and enjoy your party. Pair with a nice red wine and enjoy in your background or kitchen table!
Summer Paella Recipe
This recipe is the perfect summer meal for groups to enjoy. You can host your own summer party and serve this delicious meal along with some refreshments. You can bring it to you next family gather or potluck! Rather than brining same old food that everyone else is thinking of brining, cook some paella instead! The best part about this recipe is that It takes less than an hour to make! If you are short on time, you could quickly make this recipe before any festivities begin.
All you need to make this recipe is an authentic Spanish paella pan of the right size. This recipe makes about 6 servings so you will want to have around a 15 in (38 cm) paella pan. You can purchase an authentic Valencian paella pan from Machika by clicking the link here. You can always double the recipe and make a much larger paella depending on how many people you intend to serve.
Summer Paella Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of bomba rice
- ½ cup of green peas
- A couple threads of saffron
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken thigh cubed
- ½ cup of chorizo sausage
- 6 tablespoons of tomato puree
How to Cook Machika Summer Paella
- Cooking paella is extremely simple. First, heat your paella pan with 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat before adding your cubed chicken thighs.
- Before chicken is finished browning, add your sausage and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add your tomato puree and paprika. Stir thoroughly.
- Add your rice by pouring it evenly throughout the pan and then add your threads of saffron.
- Stir rice into the pan for a minute before adding peas and chicken stock. Bring to a boil before bringing down to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir and let sit on medium-low heat for about 15 – 20 minutes or until the rice has completely absorbed all the stock and a nice socarrat
How to Serve Paella
The authentic way to serve paella is directly from the pan and allow your guests to serve themselves. Typically, the pan is placed at the center of the table and you get to scoop your own delicious paella. The dish is typically served with a side of lemon to spritz over the paella, if one so chooses.
Find More Paella Recipes and Pans at Machika Today
Finding more recipes doesn’t have to be a hassle! At Machika, we offer tons of free recipes and cooking guides to get you making delicious authentic recipes at home. You can check out our other recipes by clicking the link here! Our Machika cookbook has plenty of recipes and is updated weekly! So, make sure to check back for new recipes, guides, and articles.